About the Placement Cell :
Placement unit is an integral part of the college. Its role is to ensure the best placement for students graduating from the College. To stay competitive in today’s world, it’s not enough to just adapt to one area and one must also be familiar with other areas. Led by competent professionals under the guidance of the Principal and staff, Placement Cell works year-round and closely coordinates with recruitment teams from leading companies to ensure that each student receives the right fit during and after the course.The Placement Cell has a perfect understanding about how the commercial world works and this helps in organizing events and programs and that give avenues to the students to get exposed to the real world of work. At present, there’s a great demand for knowledgeable, talented and devoted.The Placement Cell provides backing to students and encourages them to think out of the box by conducting Webinars, Seminars, Workshops, Personality Development Program, Guest Lectures etc. These are regular affairs and the students get ample openings to interact with professionals from different fields of expertise.The Placement Cell also arranges In- house Training session, commercial associations so that the scholars may get a comprehensive assiduity exposure helpful in polishing their qualities before they start their actual careers.
Aims & Objectives:
• To encourage students to participate in placement drives.
• To maintain support with esteemed agencies and offices for the sake of placement.
• To make efforts without any monetary interests.
• To arrange pre placement talk.
• To promote close Industry-Institution relationship.
• To arrange both in Campus and Off Campus placement procedures.
Placement Cell keeps on inviting various industries and reputed organizations for campus recruitment drives. The talent acquisition at Santaji Mahavidyalaya is done through the following process:
Identifying opportunities in the organization
• Placement Cell contacts the organizations to find out their recruitment plan for the year. Alternately, the organizations intimate the Placement Cell about the available opportunities and apprise them of their skill set requirement in the form of job description through email or phone.
Identifying students as per the skill set required by the Organization
• Placement Cell matches the profile of the students visa vis skill set required by the organization. The shortlisted profiles were then sent to the organization for further short listing.
On Campus (Corporate Visit the Campus) or Off Campus (Students Visit the Corporate)
• On Campus or Off Campus been arranged, depending upon number of vacancies a corporate have for an open position.
The Pre-Placement Talk/Company Presentation is an opportunity for the students and the organization to interact with each other, to clearly understand the job requirements, company expectations and job profile offered. The organization is requested to give a pre-placement talk covering the following aspects:
• Overview of the company and its operations
• Detailed Job Description
• Skill set required/looking for in a candidate
• Nature & period of training/probation, if any
• Compensation package offered
• Selection procedure to be adopted (generally comprises of written test/Group Discussion/Personal Interview)
After following the selection procedure, the corporate selects the students and offer letters are given to the students.
Communication process from Placement Cell
Students will be kept apprised about any placement related activities through following process:
o Through Notice.
o Through e-mail IDs provided to Placement Cell by the students.
o Through WhatsApp alert.
o Through announcement by Library Website
o Through Department
Important Instructions for students:
1. Student must keep a regular / frequent check with Notice Boards / Class Coordinators / E-mails / SMS.
2. Student’s emails and SMS alerts are subject to the e-mail IDs and mobile numbers provided to Placement Cell by the students.
3. Students are expected to inform Placement Cell about any change in mobile numbers and their email IDs for smooth communication.
Guidelines for Training and Placement activities:
• Transparency, fairness and equal opportunity to all are the hallmark of the placement process at the Santaji College.
• A letter of confirmation from the company about the date of interview will be displayed on the notice board. Students who are interested and fulfill the eligibility criteria laid down by the company are expected to give their name to the Placement Cell.
• The name once submitted to the Placement Cell for the selection process, will be considered final. Withdrawal and/or absence will lead to expulsion from further campus placement drives.
• Candidates getting job offers through their own are expected to inform the Placement Cell within two weeks of their appointments
• Students appearing for the campus placements drive should be in formal attire and should maintain dignity and conduct. Failing to do so may result in expulsion from the placement drive.
18th and 20th September 2023 – Internship Drive
03/08/2023 – Placement Drive by TVS
25/07/2023- Placement Drive by Gillette
The Placement Cell organized ‘Pre Placement Talk of ABCO Computers Pvt Ltd, Shopcardd, and CIEL HR Services Pvt.Ltd’ on 24th November 2022. Mr. MubeenShaikh, Director,Business Development, ABCO Computers Pvt Ltd, Mohammad Rafeeque Katote, Director, Shopcardd, and Mr. Nitin Kshirsagar, Branch Manager, CIEL HR Services Pvt.Ltd imparted information regarding the company, vacancies, and the recruitment process to the participants.
The Placement Cell organized the Campus Placement Drive of ABCO Computers Pvt Ltd, Shopcardd, and CIEL HR Services Pvt.Ltd’ on 24th November 2022 at Santaji Mahavidyalaya.
Campus Placement Drive of HCL Technologies Limited on 24th August 2022. Mr. Nitin Dubey, Lead, Fresher Sourcing, Nagpur, and his team conducted the Drive.
Token of Appreciation by HCL
The Placement Cell of Santaji Mahavidyalaya organised the Campus Placement Drive on 16 June 2022. The college conducted the placement drive of HDB Financial Services Limited (HDFC Bank) for the post of Sales Executive.
The Learning Resource Centre and Placement Cell jointly organised the “Seminar on Career Opportunities in Library and Information Science” on 12th August 2022. Prof Manisha Patil, Librarian, Santaji Mahavidyalaya imparted the information to the participants.
13th October 2021 : Webinar on ICICI Skill Training and Placement
. 8 students have completed the training successfully of ICICI Academy and selected for the placement.
The IQAC and Training & Placement Cell of the college in collaboration with four colleges organizes a One Day State Level Online Seminar on ‘ Reflexology An Alternative Therapy as a Career Opportunity and Life Skill ‘ on 06/08/2021 for Faculty Members, Non-Teaching Staff and Students
Webinar on ‘Career Scope – Exploring Beyond’ organized by Placement Cell on 2nd of August 2021
Company Visited : Lokmat in Association with Gillette
Sani Francis (Gillette)
Mr. Pramod Pardhi (Lokmat)
Career Counseling: Eminent personalities were invited to guide the students on State and Central Government welfare Scheme for higher studies.
The office bearer of the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Samata Pratisthan, Nagpur was invited to guide the students about various welfare schemes of central and state government and various career and educational opportunities abroad.
Dr. Siddarth Gaikwad, Deputy Commissioner of social welfare Department guided the students about the various welfare schemes run by state government.
Shri. Shilsagar Chahande, District Treasury officer guided the students for the preparation of various competitive examinations.
Few students who were selected for the fellowship of state government to take higher education in various renowned Universities abroad also guided the students.
Large number of students attended the programme.
The office bearer of the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Samata Pratisthan